Your choice of curtains can affect the temperature of your house or room. That’s why if you’re wondering why it is still humid around your home during the cold weather, you may be using curtains that have a fabric meant for the summer season.
Here’s your quick guide in choosing curtains during the rainy season:
- Curtains should be thick – Choosing a thick curtain during the rainy season will prevent cold and wet winds from entering your room. It can also help to maintain the right amount of humidity in your room to keep you warm and cozy.
- Curtains should be made from good quality of materials – Try to put the curtains against a bright light to ensure the quality of the material it has been made of. You can also run your fingers through the curtains and feel for yourself it’s made of thick material.
- Curtains should be stain and water resistant – Go for curtains that won’t leave any water stains and can dry faster when it’s time for it to be washed.
Here are the best curtains during rainy season:
- Velvet Curtains – These curtains have thick and dense fibers that are ideal for insulation. It has also a soundproofing function that will lessen the sound of the heavy rain hitting your roof.
- Canvas Curtains – These curtains are durable and strong that it can withstand heavy rains and even UV rays. Requiring only minimal cleaning and maintenance, a canvas curtain is perfect for your living room area or any room that has large or several windows.
- Acrylic Panels – While the acrylic panels can let in the natural light, it still has the function of providing efficient insulation to fight cold and wet weather.
Here’s your quick guide in choosing curtains perfect during the summer season:
- Medium-Colored Drapes – Going for medium-colored drapes have the ability to reduce heat by 33%.
- Installing window shades – Considered as the most effective method to save energy and fight harmful rays of the sun, window shades that are reversible can be switched on so you can use it depending on the season.
- Going for Blinds – Due to its ability to control the amount of light and ventilation entering your home, installation of blinds can reduce heat by 45%. Blinds can also diffuse the light without much heat or glare by reflecting the sunlight to a light-colored ceiling.
- Choosing Blackout Curtains – If you’d really like to have a cool ambiance for your home, blackout curtains is the best solution since it can filter sunlight and keep the temperature around your house moderated and less humid.
If you’re still in doubts whether you’ll be choosing the right curtain for your home, curtain supplier in Singapore has experts that will give you variety of choices that will blend well with your home and at the same time serve its purpose.
With Cotton Ware, it has the dedication to provide excellent customer service by providing clients with the best options of curtains to choose from. From removal to installation, Cotton Ware guarantees that changing of your curtains should be hassle-free and cost-efficient.